Once you're in, don't ever get out.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Today marks the first day of February, I decided to make this post a log about how a sleepless college crammer student sees Architecture as a course to take for college. I decided that if ever I make it to the cut-off, I'll be publishing this still. Lemme start off with how my life has been since June of 2013 up to this day, 1st of February, 2014.

It has been quite a good but tiring journey during our first semester. I was quite anxious that I would be getting very low grades since my college professors have been giving me quite the bad grade and also, I wasn't performing that well since I'm still on my vacation mood. Anyways, things ended up not as what I expected them to be. I got good grades, well, except for my two subjects that gave me a grade of 2.00. I'm surprised, honestly. I expected a grade a lot lower than that, a 3.00, I don't even know. I didn't do well on those subjects.

Then, the second semester started, after a month-long break, now we're back with the sleepless nights, our faces on our drafting tables. In short, we're here again to what we were all whining about for the past five months (I think). We're back to the same ground that we partly missed, and partly, never mind. The different thing about this semester is that we get to have new professors on certain subjects. Some are better than what we had last semester, some are worse, others.... worst. As usual, I struggled with my design classes as I still have no clue on what is it exactly is beautiful or acceptable in the eyes of a licensed architect. To tell you honestly, I didn't had any clue what is beyond designing building before I entered this course. If only I knew, I would've chosen a different path, a different life, a different course. But hey, I'm already here. It's quite fun staying up late, other teens envy us for being able to stay awake for days- working. Let's cut to the chase, a part of me isn't into architecture at all.

A short preview of what happened since the beginning of the second semester up to now, well, we celebrated the annual Paskuhan, had this so-called 'Christmas' plate which wasn't checked when we got back on January. We had this cool research paper work, of all the school works we are ought to do, I enjoyed this one.

Okay, I'm done with the short-to-long intro about the stuff that happened the past days, I'll be starting my log now:

1st day of February, 2014
Doing some Graphics plate, a floor plan, two elevations and a 2-pt perspective of our choice, each on it's perspective buff papers. It's already 11 PM and I still have a design plate, transitional shelter, Visual Techniques plate, a very very detailed church that was destroyed during the Bohol earthquake that we have to render with watercolor, monochromatic or in true color, also, I have an  Analytic Geometry quiz on Monday that I don't even know if I'll be able to pass. Contemplating on whether or not, take on a different course next year.

A little note regarding my sleep the past week, I've been lacking hours of sleep for weeks now. I hope I could sleep everything off during the Arki Week. No more plates, please?
3rd day of February, 2014
Finally, things are about to be finished. My Graphics exhibit plate is doing well. Almost done rendering with my Design plate and our VT plate, just a few more detailing and blending and it's good to go. I haven't recovered from my two-day non-stop drafting work. I haven't had a good 7-hr sleep since the rain of plates came. I'm not doing well at the moment. I. AM. NOT. IN. A. GOOD. STATE. TO. MAKE. DECENT. PLATES. But hey, miracles happen and some stuff that I did came out good.... so far. Anyways, my thoughts of shifting to another course ON ANOTHER COLLEGE, if ever I slip through this cut-off, I'll push through with this course, if not, I'll just go to a better college that would provide me better education.

Just a reminder to all those incoming first year colleges out there, DON'T GO AFTER THE NAME OR THE REPUTATION OF THE SCHOOL. GO FOR THE BEST SCHOOL THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST EDUCATION FOR THE COURSE YOU'LL BE TAKING THAT YOU CAN AFFORD.

I wasn't not able to keep up ad update this entry. I was hoping I could do it every night from February 1, and now, second semester already ended and I was able to pass. My hard work and efforts weren't in vain, but it wasn't victory at all, as I lost some of my comrades, it wasn't a much fair battle, we all had swords, but we fought different dragons, some were lucky, some were not. We were slain in battle, a few survived and the rest, if only there's a way to help them out, for them to have another shot to prove themselves, where they'll be given the same sword and to slay the same dragon, but, it has come to an end. I just hope, they'd be able to make it through the cut-off, that there would be a chance where they'll be slipping through with us for this summer semester. If only... if only life was better.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe